2020 Niue 1 oz Silver $2 Back to the Future 35th Anniversary BU
Back to the Future is a 1985 American science fiction film directed by Robert Zemeckis and written by Zemeckis and Bob Gale. It stars Michael J. Fox as teenager Marty McFly, who accidentally travels back in time from 1985 to 1955, where he meets his future parents and becomes his mother’s romantic interest. Christopher Lloyd portrays the eccentric scientist Doctor Emmett “Doc” Brown, his friend and the inventor of the time-traveling DeLorean automobile, who helps Marty repair history and return to 1985.
The motive of the coin features an image of the legendary DeLorean, which is converted into a time machine in the film, surrounded by lightning bolts. Also included in the design is the 35th anniversary logo. The reverse depicts the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the denomination and the year of issue. The limited silver bullion coin is delivered in a capsule.
- Limited mintage of 10,000 coins worldwide.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Diameter 40mm
- Each coin is Brilliant Uncirculated and comes in a protective capsule.
- Obverse: Features the effigy of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year, denomination and country of issue.
- Reverse: Features an officially licensed image of the Deloreon from Back to the Future with electrical flashes above along with the Back to the Future 35 logo plus the license owner and purity. Below are digital numbers from the time machine's chronometer.
- Sovereign coin backed by Niue.
Back to the future
Lovely crafted coin. Stunning contrast of the dates along with the Delorian. Good quality Silver and no pigmentation on the silver coin.
Scott Ramsay | Argyll | June 2021
|Brand||Royal Australian Mint|