Perth Mint continues their Mother & Baby series with a new design for 2019. This piedfort coin features and mother & baby crocodile.
Female crocodiles typically lay between 30 & 60 eggs. For up to three months, the mother waits nearby the nest protecting the eggs from predators. Once the eggs are ready to hatch, the mother digs down to the nest and carries the hatchlings to water in her mouth. Despite having the strongest bite of any animal in the world, female crocodiles show a remarkable gentle nature towards their young, and can carry up to 15 hatchlings in their mouth at once.
- Contains 2 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Each coin comes in a protective Ever slab coin capsule un-locked..
- All Coins are NEW
- Obverse: Displays the Jody Clark likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination. The 2019 year-date, and the .9999 purity are also featured in the design.
- Reverse: Portrays a crocodile partially submerged in water with a hatchling on its back. The design also includes radial lines and The Perth Mint's "P" mintmark.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
|Brand||The Perth Mint-Australia|